Monday, August 27, 2007

Graham-Almond Cherry Pie

This recipe is definitive proof that I have way too much time on my hands. Even though I have cookbooks to review for Random House and bakery orders to fill (not to mention finishing the last chapter of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!) my mind never ceases creating uses for different ingredients and flavour combinations. I have yet to try out this creation, though I will be sure to do so ASAP (as soon as I find some willing taste testers!). If you get a chance to try it before I do, please leave a comment or e-mail me to let me know how it went! That goes for all my recipe posts, suggestions, criticisms and praises are always welcome!

Graham-Almond Cherry Pie
Serves 8
1 ½ c graham cracker crumbs (GF Option here)
½ c almond meal (flour)
¼ cup melted butter or margarine
2 tbsp apple juice
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 cups halved pitted fresh cherries
1/2 cup water
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp almond meal (flour)
2 tbsp graham cracker crumbs


  1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
  2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, almond meal, butter, apple juice and sugar.
  3. Press over bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate.
  4. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
  5. In a saucepan, cook cherries in water for 10 minutes.
  6. Mix together the sugar and almond meal; add to cherries.
  7. Cook cherry mixture until thickened. Cool slightly.
  8. Pour into prepared crust, top with 2 tbsp graham cracker crumbs.
  9. Chill completely before serving.

As well, I finally have my nominees chosen for the Droolworthy Blogger award (created by Valli of More Than Burnt Toast):

Jennifer from The Domestic Goddess
The Clumsy Cook
Nicole from Baking Bites
SusanV from Fat-Free Vegan Kitchen
and
Jen from The Canadian Baker

3 comments :

  1. All droolworthy bloggers Sarah. I love all of their sites!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

    :)

    And thanks for giving us your drool-worthy blog!

    I'll be posting a new blog or bust soon (I like your idea for it!!) I've just been very lazy lately. I think I'm going to make the next event last two months maybe (you can post as many as you like!)

    How'd you like the ending of Harry Potter? I'm so sad it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination Sarah! I'm flattered. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!