Apologies in advance if you try these cookies and they don't turn out as brilliantly as my mom's do each and every year... I don't know what she does but all her cookies are always better than anyone else's!
Mom’s Shortbread Cookies
1 cup salted butter, softened (NO SUBSTITUTES!!)
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 cups flour
- Cream butter, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Sift icing sugar and flour into the creamed mixture.
- Mix to combine into a workable dough.
- Roll out and cut into shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Decorate with sprinkles (Teaghan's favourite), coloured sugar (my favourite), chocolate chips (Andrew's addition) or leave plain (sacrilege!).
- Bake in a preheated 325F oven for 20 minutes. Cookies should not have much, if any, browning!
- Let cool completely on sheets.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 6.4 g
Cholesterol: 23.1 mg
Sodium: 44.0 mg
Total Carbs: 8.4 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
Protein: 1.0 g
Luckily for me I spotted the perfect blogging event for these special gems... FoodBlogga's Eat Christmas Cookies! I love checking back every once in a while to see what new goodies are popping up from all over the globe... I'm always amazed at the creativity abounding in the world!Enjoy our slightly rude photo of baked-together cookies! They don't spread much at all, so I'm blaming the sister for this one. Happy beginnings of the holidays!