Monday, December 8, 2008

This is SO Much Better Than School

I'm in-between exams right now, so I figured I would tell you all about the last batch of goodies that I made for the Winter CAFP bakesale (I made these and these, and some of these too!). The only problem with these is that I know I got them off of a website or blog somewhere, but whose - I don't know! The closest version to mine I can find is this one at FatFree Vegan. Oh well, wherever they came from, THANKS! Everyone who had a taste declared these the fudgiest, most delicious bites of chocolate they've had in a long time, and when I told them they were whole grain and low fat they sold by the (half) dozen! I should have made more, in retrospect, but they were such a sleeper hit that I never could have predicted it!

With Christmas and other assorted holiday parties coming nigh, I bet these would be a hit on the cookie platters alongside the rum balls and sugar cookies. I'm sending it as another entry to FoodBlogga's Eat Christmas Cookies - and you can find the whole shebang here. I don't know how Susan does it all... she's keeping a running tally and the whole foodie world seems to be involved!

Brownie - Oat Truffle Balls
Makes 12
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup quick oats (not instant)
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
1 egg replacer (like Ener-G brand), prepared
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 tbsp vanilla
2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F, lightly grease or line baking sheets.
  2. Blend flour, oats, baking powder and salt well in a bowl.
  3. In another bowl, blend egg replacer, brown sugar, agave nectar and vanilla.
  4. Add wet ingredients to the dry, stirring only until moistened.
  5. Fold in chocolate chips.
  6. Bake 10 minutes.
  7. Cool 5 minutes on sheets, then remove to racks and cool completely.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 144.3
Total Fat: 4.0 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 72.0 mg
Total Carbs: 28.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.8 g
Protein: 3.1 g

3 comments :

  1. How? How do you make something this delicious be good for you too? Forget the half dozen, I'd take a dozen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm these look amazing! They'll be going on my "I must make this" list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome! Oh my goodness. I'm just going to have to make these in carob just for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!