Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ending the Suspense

So, I succeeded in coming up with a menu and recipes for Monday's Copper Chef competition! Go me, oh yes... Not to mention the added bonus that my team managed to bum chef's whites off the hospitality department of the college and we've secured a time frame on Sunday at my place to test out the goodies! Andrew's pledged his palate for us on Sunday too, since he's stuck at work for the day of our competition - but my mom and grandma will be there at least, possibly my dad too, and my whole team's favourite professor's coming to watch us cook up a storm too! You guys are all so sweet, thanks for sharing your support!

So, do you want to know what we're going to be throwing down, Copper Chef style? Here we have it... and do feel free to marvel at the fancy-schmancy descriptors, too:

Starter
Curried Carrot – Ginger Soup
A velvety, luxurious puree of fresh carrots and a rich, fragrant curry cream is accented by robust ginger and sweet cinnamon
Main

Paprika – Painted Chicken Breast
Lightly seasoned and pan seared before being dressed up with a dusting of sweet paprika “rouge”
served over

Sauteed Asparagus and Mushrooms in a Lemon – Thyme Butter
Crisp – tender, emerald spears of fresh Spring asparagus join rich, meaty slices of mushroom under a decadent blanket of herbed lemon butter
accompanied by
Pan – Grilled Bruschetta Pomodoro
Lightly grilled slices of fresh baguette are rubbed down with spicy garlic and adorned with a light, fresh tomato dice

So, are we hungry yet?? Once I get some photos (either after the practice run or the competition itself) I'll pass the recipes on too. They are definitely winners in my book - just hope the judges think so too!

1 comment :

  1. Congrats! Sounds like a mouth-watering menu.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!