- Pour boiling water over sun dried tomatoes in a small bowl. Let stand 20 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- In a shallow, wide bowl, mix together goat cheese, basil, olive oil and soaked tomatoes with a fork until well blended.
- Scoop into a piping bag (disposable ones are cheap at craft stores, Ziploc baggies tend to burst at the seams) and place into the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425F, lightly spray a casserole or rectangular paking dish with PAM.
- Pipe the cheese filling into the blossoms, as tightly as possible, to the point where the petals flare and separate.
- Arrange the filled blossoms in the sprayed pan, coat with a spray of PAM and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool 5 minutes covered, then serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 7.4 g
Cholesterol: 17.6 mg
Sodium: 115.6 mg
Total Carbs: 1.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
Protein: 4.9 g
I finally have something to contribute to Grow Your Own this month! I figure that I can't get any more home-grown, since we're not allowed to raise livestock in the backyard! It's the second anniversary of the event (by Andrea of Andrea’s Recipes) and the 34th roundup! Congrats Andrea!