1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup quinoa flour
1/4 cup El Peto Whole Grain Cream of Brown Rice Cereal
3 tbsp soy protein powder
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
2 tbsp chia seed
2 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tbsp instant yeast
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1 1/2 cups unsweetened soy milk
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp fine salt
1/4 cup quinoa, soaked 8 hours in cool water and drained
- Spray 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with "safe" nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, rice cereal, protein powder, soy milk powder, flaxseed, chia seed, cream of tartar, baking soda and yeast, stirring well.
- In a pot, combine water and tapioca flour, whisking smooth.
- Bring to a boil and cook 1-2 minutes, until thick. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, beat together soy milk, sugar, egg and salt until frothy.
- Beat in the tapioca mixture, then mix the whole thing into the dry ingredients.
- Add the quinoa and beat smooth.
- Scrape into the prepared pan or 16 sprayed muffin cups.
- Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Bake loaf 45 minutes, tenting with foil after 25 minutes. If making rolls in the muffin tins, bake 25-30 minutes.
Vitamin A 3.2 %
Vitamin B-6 1.3 %
Vitamin C 0.3 %