Saturday, December 6, 2008

You Knew it Was Coming!

Come on, you just had to! It's not Christmas at my place without three things: Challah, Brioche and shortbread cookies! I'm re-posting this recipe (and do take a look at it for me notes re:butter) so I can send it (again) to FoodBlogga's Eat Christmas Cookies event - check out the currently running roundup and see what bloggers who are actually writing are up to! I promise as soon as exams are over I'll be back at this! I have goodies to show and tell!

Take note: I forgot to include in last year's write up that this recipe cannot be halved. Doubled, yes, but no more, and certainly not less!

Mom’s Shortbread Cookies
1 cup salted butter, softened
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 cups flour
  1. Cream butter, egg yolk, and vanilla.
  2. Sift icing sugar and flour into the creamed mixture.
  3. Mix to combine into a workable dough.
  4. Roll out and cut into shapes with cookie cutters.
  5. Place cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  6. Decorate wias desired.
  7. Bake in a preheated 325F oven for 20 minutes. Cookies should not have much, if any, browning!
  8. Let cool completely on sheets.

Looking for the NI on this recipe? Well, you could check out the original posting, but really, if you're eating a double batch of these (that's a pound of butter, guys!) you can't really worry about your waistline.

1 comment :

Thanks for the feedback!