Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Taste of Things to Come

I'm in recovery mode this week - school has, quite frankly, been kicking my ass these days, and by the time the weekend rolls around it's all I can do to make a few quick meals for myself before I'm ready to curl up in bed. So, posting may still be a touch sporadic until I can get my butt back in baking gear (and find some windows to commandeer the kitchen - problem with Christmastime baking is that everyone wants to do it at the same time!!).

That being said, of course I can't ignore the delights of holiday fare, particularly cookies! Along with our yearly traditional shortbreads (which I'm lucky enough to make with some dear friends this year!), I've compiled a list of other gifties to make and package this season. In lieu of recipes today, I'll instead give you the list! Bonus is that it keeps me accountable, right?

Jeweled Saffron Cookies (inspired from here)
Smoky Oat Toffee Cookies
Thin Mints
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Shortbreads
Ginger Oatmeal Cookies
Happy Herbivore's Black Bean Brownies
Mom's Shortbreads
Mincemeat Pies
SuperGrain Cookies with Fruit & Nuts
Chocolate, White Chocolate and Butterscotch Chip
Chocolate Chip & Espresso Bean

I'm not counting the pan of super-fudgey, triple-chocolate brownies, chocolate chippers or Double Chip Coconut Drops I've already made - or the giant, mincemeat filled fruitcake that's hanging out in my freezer!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback!